Friday, August 17, 2007

SWAP Failure

Busy bee.That's me.I've been pouring most of my time into my doll making and paintings.It dulls the pain of failure,which was the result of not completing the "SWAP (sewing with a plan,PR contest).

I did complete the dolls in time to get them into the gallery by the deadline.This is Bud B.and Blossom B.Bumble bees of course.They haven't sold yet.If they don't sell from the gallery ,I'll try eBay with better pictures.

Yes,I'm guilty.I didn't finish the SWAP.

I'm sure you want to know ,why didn't I finish the SWAP? After some serious reflection,I found that,I just had too much on my plate.Too many projects going on,with too many deadlines.I also still have some time management issues.I'm not totally depressed about it though. I got a lot of sewing done and I put a nice dent in my fabric stash.The absolute best part is,I gained a coordinating wardrobe,which I have been happily wearing.It is so good to not struggle over what to wear with this and that.

I'll try a SWAP competition again some day but no time soon.I found that I missed being able to jump from sewing ,to painting,to doll making,to knitting,whenever I want.When doing a SWAP you've got to spend an enormous amount of time,sewing.I truly admire those ladies whom were successful in completing the competition.

I love my wardrobe.I've got a few more finished pieces to show you as soon as I can get DD to take a few pictures.

3 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

I can't wait to see your other pieces. This dosen't sound like a failure to me. Love your dolls too.

KimT said...

THe fact that you took on the challenge is a huge deal. you know what they say: "If you aim for nothing, you will hit it everytime" Well, you aimed for something huge and accomplished alot. And on top of that, You have made some beautiful are pieces! I love your stuff!

Melody said...

What are you talking about? You didn't fail, you made a bunch of really cool stuff. That is not failing sister.