Monday, January 12, 2009

A Little Preview

I didn't get to finish my blouse this weekend as I hoped. I sewed late Saturday night,while sleepy and irritated.I know this is a NO-NO,but I wanted to finish.I made some big mistakes.First I sewed the collar stand on without putting on the shirt plackets,so I had to partially remove some of the collar.Then I put the plackets on backwards! I decided to stop and go to bed and get a fresh start after work on Sunday.(I worked all weekend) Sunday's sewing was much better.I was relaxed and at home alone. I fixed the plackets and proceeded without any problems.Sewing was pleasurable,like it should be.Here's a little previewI have the day off Tuesday and I plan to get this finished.

9 comments:

Sheila said...

That is a great collar and really like the green stripes. I've come across stripe shirting, but pass it up unable to visualize it as a blouse, but yours look great.

Joyce in NC said...

I love the color and can't wait to see you wear the blouse.
Joyce in NC

Melodye said...

Lisa thanks for visiting my blog. I love your blouse and it will flatter you. The color's going to look good you. Thanks for the invite to Atlanta,however, I'll be in San Diego on a business trip. Maybe next time>

Anonymous said...

love the fabric

Faye Lewis said...

That IS a really neat color. I love the preview you gave. Nice new blot layout.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I am sooooo loving the color and stripe in this blouse and can't wait to see the rest of it!

Lesalicious said...

That fabric you use is great loving that green. So far so good. Can't wait to see it when you is done good luck.:)

Tanya said...

Love the blouse and the stripe fabric you did a great job. Can't wait to see you wearing it.

Omega said...

I love the color & the stripe looks great! I can't wait to see the rest of it. Your blog update looks great too!