Monday, September 12, 2011

Denim shirt

I've started on this shirt made from light weight denim from Joann Fabrics. I've seen denim shirts in every several fashion magazines and in the display windows at a few of my favorite stores for "snoop shopping".I like the way Express does their window mannequins.I can't fit anything in that store but that's why I sew.
Anyway I'm almost finished. I'm trying to decide between snaps or buttons at this point,and then it is completed.

I got a nice little package in the mail Saturday,from the Sewing Workshop. It is the Bells and Whistle shirts and Runway Finishes Cool Edges book and DVD. Like a true sewing geek, I popped some popcorn and watched my sewing DVD on Saturday night. It's pretty good. I will use every one of the techniques in my upcoming sewing projects. 
   In case you didn't know "snoop shopping" is looking at garments in stores for styles and details you'd like to make or apply to your own sewing. You can purchase accessories during your snoop shopping to set off your self -created fashions with style.
   Just a quick post till later. I've got 30 minute to sew before bed.

4 comments:

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

I think they'll be a denim shirt in my future. TFS. BTW any chance you're going to be in Michigan for the sewing expo this year?

Faye Lewis said...

Before bedtime sewing, talk about utilizing your time efficiently.

Lisa H. said...

I'm sad to say,I won't be able to attend the expo this year. My car has passed on to auto heaven and most of my extra spending $$ will go towards another car. :(

Sheila said...

Must check out that dvd, I have several sewing dvds and always looking to add another to my collection. Looking forward to your top.